07 May 2012

A-Z Reflection: A Sculpted April

The first time I read about the A-Z Challenge, I thought it was madness. Now that I can look back and see that I actually finished it, I know it's madness.

However, a crazy ride like April was a welcome break from normality. It was good to be mad for at least a month.

My first post was A is for Acrostic, a fitting start to a month of writing with a specific form in mind. All too often discipline and form get a bad name for their restrictive nature. However, I found that designing my posts around a theme (beautiful things) and a letter of the alphabet made my writing flow instead of sputter. That starting point, the direction, is often what I'm missing in my posts and in my other writing. I know I have a burden for writing, and I know the words will come if I can get started, but sometimes I need a kick in the pants. The A-Z Challenge was that kick.

I am so very thankful to everyone who stopped by and commented on my posts, and I have to confess - and beg forgiveness - that I'm not a good commenter (my blog isn't an exception) or even visitor. I am planning on plodding through the list of participants though, so stay with me!

4 comments:

baygirl32 said...

I didn't make it here, during the challenge, but congrats on finishing! it was a great month!

Alex said...

I wasn't writing at all and the A-Z was my much needed kick. And I may have mentioned this before, but I am always impressed by your skill in writing. Please keep it up!

a.eye said...

Congrats on finishing! Getting to all the blogs is a challenge in itself.

Heather Murphy said...

Stopping by for the A-Z Roadtrip. Congratulations on finishing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...