03 July 2013

IWSG: Sluggish June

The brainchild of Alex J. Cavanaugh, The Insecure Writer's Support Group runs the First Wednesday of every month. There's quite a hefty list of writers posting about their troubles, check some of them out and post some encouragement!

Last month was not a writing month, especially when I compare it to April! I always have huge plans for the summer, yet it seems I do less writing. It always makes me groan to reflect on a whole month and see little progress in any of my current projects, but I'm trying to be strong!

I've been working on another short story along with my second book, and I know exactly how I want it to end, I know what changes need to be made in the second draft, and still I can't find the time or the energy to finish it! I also know why I've been so slow - I completed our house painting project yesterday, which took all of June - but that doesn't seem to help my inner-writer any. I still look over at my neglected composition notebook and wish it was bursting with the ideas that are clanging around in my head.

So, now that the house is a lovely timber bark, July here I come!



8 comments:

Jai said...

Painting a house is so much work, but now it is done. YaY!!

Here's to a more productive June.

Elsie Amata said...

Don't feel bad. I thought my first draft would be done by the end of summer...it ain't lookin' so hot! Good luck to you!

Mark Koopmans said...

Aloha Ian,

Dude, sometimes we need to *take* a writing break - I know I do several times a year - and this normally clears my head.

GOOD LUCK with getting your Muse off her mental couch :)

(Stopping by, on behalf of Alex, as a co-host for IWSG. Have a great, creative (and non-painting) month :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Go do something different, something to shake your world! Might be the trick to getting back in the groove.

DL Hammons said...

I've not been doing much writing either, but I'm not to concerned. It will come! :)

Tina said...

I love painting, but INTERIOR. I tried to pound out 50,000 words in June but managed only 31%. Still it's more than I started with...There's a time for everything!
Tina @ Life is Good

Gina Gao said...

I usually take writing breaks whenever life tends to get in the way.

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

I know the feeling. Life has been keeping me from my writing, too. I'm having WIP withdrawals! LOL

But painting the house - that's an accomplishment! Feel good about yourself!

Great post. :)
August co-host and IWSG #110

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...